Monday, November 12, 2018

Light Fury, "How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World"

Another Night Fury? She's more like a... Bright... a Light Fury!

With the recent release of two trailers for "How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World", the time has come to introduce you to the new dragon character - the Light Fury, a potential mate for Toothless. She does, and will, remain nameless, for she is "wild and untamed", and is never to be trained by any human. I say no more, in order to avoid spoilers for those of you who want to remain surprised by HTTYD: The Hidden World.

I have done my best in order the Light Fury as light (in terms of weight and figure) as possible, but since I could not give up on the wires running through her wings and body, her chest needed to be strenghtened accordingly, which resultet in the Fury to be slightly less fit than the original one. Sorry for that.

I used a very soft fabric that made the dragon super cuddly and pleasant to hold. What I sincerely admired about this dragon species is an extremely reduced number of all kind of spikes, claws, plates or nubs, so I could put much less work in her than I did to Toothless. It also made it easier to make tiny details, like ears.

The original dragon species has a subtle glitter covering all its body, creating some pretty ornaments. I'm thinking of the way to apply a glitter to my dragon, but it might mean using a glue, which would make the Fury tougher and less cuddly. And I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifise that :)



 I've been afraid to apply wired legs, for it might mean applying more filling to the Fury's chest, which is too wide already.



 Here with Toothless. Neither one of them has wires running through their legs, but Toothless has them even weaker than the Light Fury (he's simply bigger and heavier. That's, by the way, the result I wanted to accomplish - to make the Light Fury look and be lighter than her male mate, for this is the impression she makes in the trailer. To me, at least ;)

 An outside picture session.

 Unfortunately, the Light Fury turned out to be too bright for the camera to capture her properly. I'm sorry for the shine, I might try to retake the session one of these days.

 Maybe not so much in the close-up, but as I verted browsed the pictures' miniatures, I thought that the Fury looks super realistic in these open-air pictures. 

 Two lizards.


The original image of a Light Fury from one of the movie's storybooks.

1 comment:

  1. can you remake a toothless to have his fake back wing able to come off and/or be able to replace it with the one from the gift of a night fury?

    ReplyDelete

If you have a specific question or requests, especially regarding custom-made toys, please contact me via available contact channels. I won't answer the comments.