Sunday, May 20, 2018

Razorwhip "Race to the Edge"

To break the airplane routine, I finally decided to work on a dragon which has been waiting to be finished for months.
Today featuring Razorwhip, a species introduced in "DreamWorks Dragons: Race to the Edge". A dragon representing the species, Windshear, is one of the main characters in the series.

The fabric used to make this dragon is the same fabric I use to make some of the airplane's leading edges of the wings, stabilizers and engines. It's thick, shiny silver and I don't know the name of it. There's huse difference in using it for straight parts of the airplanes and a very detailed dragon body, for it's really hard to sew through. However, in cases such as Razorwhip the fabric is irreplaceable. In the series, the species seems to have skin and scales made out of metal, and so this has been the effect I wanted to reach in my making.

Because of the fabric being so thick the dragon was pretty stiff on its own, but I've put wires inside the body and the wings so that I can form the dragon the way I want, for the Razorwhip to look even more gorgeous. And it does, really. It's currently standing atop the wardrobe and it's magnificent :)




 I have to admit that the shiny fabric made it difficult to take good pictures, for the light would reflect in it and ruin the picture. That's why the quality might be worse at times.


With its wings unfolded



Proudly standing atop the wardrobe :)

Razorwhip as seen in "Race to the Edge" (source: DreamWorks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a specific question or requests, especially regarding custom-made toys, please contact me via available contact channels. I won't answer the comments.