Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Piper PA-28 Cherokee

It's been a while since I made an aircraft, and now I finally present to you my newest airplane - a Piper PA-28 Cherokee, this specimen registered in the United States of America. Just like it happens with every stuffed model of mine, also this one is a pioneer in something - in this case, Piper Cherokee is the first airplane the final assembly of which took place in the United States.

Lack of proper fabrics and other materials, caused by currently being several thousand miles away from my sewing office, and a difficulty finding them in America resulted in different solutions applied to the aircraft - for example, Piper lacks a rotating propeller blade (it's fixed in one position instead), and the landing gear is soft and not supported by wires. Still, I'm content with the final shape of the airplane that looks very alike the original Piper Cherokee.

 Yeah… I took a picture of the airplane with a picture of the airplane. 
Now I have a picture of both the airplane and the picture of the airplane. Sort of.



The original airplane. 
A lot of times I'm asked a question what patterns I use for my stuffed models, dragons or airplanes. Using the example of Piper Cherokee, let me answer - this particular picture was my only point of reference while completing the airplane's final assembly :)

The final step of taking the photo session of a newly assemples plane - a picture with the original aircraft. Picture credit to S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a specific question or requests, especially regarding custom-made toys, please contact me via available contact channels. I won't answer the comments.