Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Velocity Aircraft

Cuddly Airplanes fleet has been expanded with an uncommon kind of an aircraft - a canard, Velocity Aircraft (type SE). New type for me meant new challenges, and there indeed were a couple.
One of them was the shape of the fuselage, which I carefully studied and sketched from different perspectives before I begun to sew. I have undertaken two failed attempts until I got the right shape.
Another difficulty was the turboprop engine, which the entire fuselage ends with, creating a cone-like shape. Since the craft is quite big itself, the prop blades needed to be proportionally big, and I couldn't simplify their shape anymore. That's why Velocity has three blades of a slightly twisted shape, resembling the one of a real blade. 
What I enjoy about Velocity? From a visual point of view, I like the winglets which are significantly big due to lacking vertical stabilizer. Shape of the wings, on the other hand, caused the wing joint to be very long, which resulted in a thickened airfoil. That was a bit challenging when putting all pieces together, but brought back a wonderful effect. 

Velocity measures about 60 cm of wingspan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a specific question or requests, especially regarding custom-made toys, please contact me via available contact channels. I won't answer the comments.