Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Scheibe Falke 25 D-KMAX

The airplane fleet is expanding. 
I have recently moved away from the airliners and focused on the general aviation aircraft instead. 
Let me introduce D-KMAX (whom I call K-Max), a Scheibe Falke SF-25 motorglider. Originating from Germany, it now belongs to one of Polish airports and conquers not only Poland itself, but a lot of other European countries as well. 
The motorglider resembles an airplane rather than a glider, though its long wings produce enough lift for Falke to be effectively flown as an engineless sailplane. To be honest, Falke's unusual wing profile was what inspired me to sew it in the first place, for I could immediately picture the wing design in my head. I badly wanted to test it and the results turned out just as good as I'd hoped. 
The new techniques introduced in the design of K-Max include the wing profile (the wings I now work on are not flat anymore, but they actually more or less keep the airfoil of a real one), a rotatable spinner (yes, it does rotate!), and the landing gear supported by a thick wire. 










The small guy and the big guy. If you look closely, the plushie is standing on the aircraft's right wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a specific question or requests, especially regarding custom-made toys, please contact me via available contact channels. I won't answer the comments.