Monday, April 13, 2015

Toothless renovation

Welcome again!

After long planning, looking for ideas and finally working, Toothless the Night Fury plushie is now renovated! He was my very first dragon from HTTYD, so obviously not standing up to the skills I have own till now. Besides, the 3 years that have passed have brought some defects. That's why I decided to make some corrections and add new elements. Check out the original Toothless.

Effect: Toothless got new skin, new wings, new tail, new saddle and even new ears, but the only things that remained original are claws and head, including eyes. The eyes were what gave Toothless the personality, so I just couldn't get rid of them.
It was also important to note that Toothless himself has changed between HTTYD and HTTYD2. He gained some additional details and elements of equipment that Hiccup made.

Toothless has got double spikes on the back, longer spikes on legs, bigger hooks upon its head, and of course a new tail and a new saddle. The saddle is made from leather, and so are the spikes and ears. Red tail is stiffed by inflexible wires. What's more, and what turned out accidentally - upper spikes can be split and so doubled, just like the real Alpha Toothless can do.
Renovated Toothless also got flexible wires in wings, spine and legs. That's how I could finally take pictures of Toothless sitting or flying. I hope you enjoy them ^^

See you soon with new Dragons!






 Toothless flying! This is absolutely my favourite :D

The wind was strong today, and Toothless was about to really fly away...

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed nobody else has commented! I watched the original film earlier today, having not seen it for several years, and it reminded me how much I liked it. That is why I was browsing on-line for "Toothless" and I found your blog. You have done a beautiful job of making Toothless the dragon, he looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing the photos on line so others can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

If you have a specific question or requests, especially regarding custom-made toys, please contact me via available contact channels. I won't answer the comments.