Saturday, January 3, 2015

Boneknapper, "Book of Dragons" and "Legend of the Boneknapper" shorts

Hello!
In the new year I've got something absolutely amazing - the Boneknapper dragon! I started sewing it months ago, I can't even remember when. I got discouraged for some time because of many problems with this dragon, but a few days ago I eventually decided to complete what I once started. Here are the results.

Boneknapper is a very specific dragon. It doesn't have its own armor, not even scales, just skin. It inhabits islands where it can find bones of dead dragons, and collects them to build an armor. 
Outer dragon's bones are made from paper-mache, and in fact some of them tend to come off (that's one of the reasons I initially got discouraged). But I didn't give up, I finished all bones and my Boneknapper is now fully armored :D
The dragon also has a set of doubled wires running through its back and legs (no wings), so that it can keep its shape to some degree. Even though the wire is thick, strong and doubled, the dragon is still very heavy.

Dimensions: 83cm / 32inch long, 58cm / 23 inch wingspan.
I hope you enjoy it, because it was a really tough dragon to work on, and according to me the result is absolutely amazing :)

(head is resting on "Dragon 2" movie on DVD, because it was too heavy to stay up by itself)


Jaws can be opened or closed, due to wires inside the body.

Original Boneknapper - movie image.

2 comments:

If you have a specific question or requests, especially regarding custom-made toys, please contact me via available contact channels. I won't answer the comments.