Saturday, March 16, 2013

Welcome!

Hello!
Welcome to my blog about my handmade toys and accessories. Sewing is my greatest hobby, and I hope you will enjoy the blog.

How did it start? When I was a kid, I loved all kind of toys, especially these cuddly ones. What I've been also fond of are the toys of movie or book characters, and if I really wanted to have any toy, I just had to get, no matter how.
I started to sew. At first, I created simple animals. I would sew them from old, unused clothes. My first toys were a chicken, a few dogs and... a white beet. For some reason.
Soon the time came to try my strengths in movie characters. I've always loved to watch movies, especially cartoons. If I really liked some character (let's be honest, it's always been about animal characters) I really badly wanted to have a replica on my own. But since movie toys are either very expensive, or not satisfactorily enough resembling the original thing, or simply not available, I decided to take care of it myself. Why not to make toys on my own? 
I can't remember what I started with, but I guess it was Hedwig, the owl from Harry Potter series. 

While writing this post, I've made about 20 different plushies.

Few days ago I opened a new, quite ambitious project - I'm planning to sew all dragons from the "How to Train Your Dragon" franchise, including shorts and "DreamWorks Dragons" series. My desire to have a replica of a character was really limited to Toothless and maybe just a few specific species, but I treat sewing all the dragons as a challenge that will surely develop my skills and grow my collection. 

I hope you will find this blog interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a specific question or requests, especially regarding custom-made toys, please contact me via available contact channels. I won't answer the comments.